Paddling events, activities and classes
Kayaking Event: Attempt at Kayaking World Record
Opt in request
March 13, 2017-March 12, 2018
On March 13, 2017 Traci Lynn Martin, an experienced expedition kayaker and successful ultra-endurance competitive kayaker, will begin her attempt to set a new Guinness World Record.
“My goal,” explains Traci, “is to set a new Guinness World Record for the most miles kayaked in one year and in the process, to encourage and inspire individuals with chronic health conditions to reach for their dreams and don’t ever give up.”
In 2010, Traci was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, a debilitating disease. Despite the diagnosis, she continues to race and has placed first in several competitions. She has set three course records in the mixed tandem division and has set course records in the women's solo division of various races.
The Stellar Tour de Force record-breaking attempt will include:
· 2 Countries- USA and Canada
· 5 Canadian Provinces - Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia
· 14 States - Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio, Maine, Pennsylvania, New York, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New Jersey
· The 5 Great Lakes
· The St. Lawrence River Seaway
· The Hudson River to Troy, New York
· The Erie Canal System to Lake Oneida and back onto Lake Ontario (via the Oneida and Oswego Rivers)
· 8,600 miles in 265 days!
At the same time, a documentary will be filmed. See the documentary trailer here: https://vimeo.com/184781882
View the website for the trip with details, route and projected timeline: http://justaroundthepointe.com
Traci would love to have members of your group paddle along with her when she is in your area. You will be able to track Traci’s progress and location: RaceOwl.com beginning in March 2017. She is also in need of people who are willing to deliver supplies to her along the shoreline of her route.
For comments/questions, you may reach Traci at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paddling Event to Support Charlevoix Pool
Saturday 19 August 2017
Ferry Beach in Charlevoix 9 am - 1 pm
The Charlevoix Area Community Pool is having a fundraising contest: Paddling 4 the Pool, which will be in a fun format: predict your time for a 4 mile paddle (on a kayak, SUP or canoe). Estimate your time to complete the 4-mile paddle, if you are the closest to your prediction you are the winner! Stick around Ferry Beach after the contest for prizes, awards and other fun. Obviously, no time pieces are allowed on board.
Cost is $65 per craft prior to August 11, $75 after August
11. For additional information or to pre-register using www.paddleforthepool.com, or at the pool. You may register on the day of the event on Ferry Beach between 7:30-9:00.